Today my guest is Elizabeth Gilbert.
This is part 1 (of 2) of my conversation with Elizabeth. Liz is the author of 2006’s runaway bestseller Eat, Pray, Love, which has sold more than ten million copies worldwide. Her forthcoming book, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear will hit bookstands in September 2015. In Big Magic, Liz asks the reader to embrace curiosity and let go of needless suffering. She shows how to tackle what we most love, and how to face down what we most fear. She discusses the attitudes, approaches and habits we need in order to live our most creative lives.
In today’s episode, Liz and I spoke about:
- How Fear can block creativity
- The Fear we ‘need’ and the Fear we don’t
- Being open to the “Yes,” but finding wisdom in the “No”
- How inspiration promises us nothing
- Hard Labor vs Fairy Dust and the balance that she seeks in her life
I hope you enjoy part 1 of my conversation “Creating Big Magic” with the trailblazer of personal voice and creativity: Elizabeth Gilbert.
Subscribe to the Emerging Women podcast on iTunes.
And please be sure to rate Grace & Fire while you’re there!