I am feeling my full Warrior energy after speaking with Glennon Doyle Melton. She is the bestselling author of Carry On, Warrior and founder of Momastery.com, and her new book Love Warrior launches in just a few weeks and without a doubt will be yet another best-seller.
Her writing is simultaneously hilarious and vulnerable – full of raw, unabashed realness on everything from addiction to motherhood to marital infidelity. And though “she writes simply as a way to survive,” she says, her words are powerful and resonate with readers who have found themselves “on the bathroom floor” in their own ways.
I love that she’s also a fierce movement-maker, full of outward action to help people in need. Glennon is the creator of Together Rising, a non-profit organization that has raised over four million dollars for families around the world through its Love Flash Mobs, which have revolutionized online giving.
Glennon and I talk about:
- “Being Underneath” and the dangers of treating pain like a hot potato
- The benefits of a tender, feminine faith that isn’t rule-bound
- The feeling of being evicted from your whole life, and what comes next
- How society colors the way we are able to give and receive love
- How to view women as warriors rather than helpers
Let’s dive in to this week’s conversation “Love Warrior” with the self-proclaimed Recovering Everything: Glennon Doyle Melton.