Effective and last revised on February 6, 2017
(Including Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy and “Your Privacy Rights” for California Residents. Effective and last revised on June 6, 2011
- Information Collected By the Websites. We collect two types of information from users of the Websites: personal information described below; and non-personal information such as information about traffic patterns on the Websites.
- Personal Information. To access certain portions of the Websites, including the portions where the Services are offered, we require you to register and select a user name and password. Some personal data is collected during the registration process. We may then ask for additional information, including personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information.When you make a purchase on one of the Websites, when you subscribe to the Services, and/or when you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask you for certain personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address, or credit card number, in order to process your order, manage your subscription, administer the contest, or send you promotional e-mails. Providing personal information in these instances is solely your choice; you do not need to provide such information, make purchases, or enter such contests to browse our Websites as a Visitor.
- How We Use Your Personal Information. We use the information collected on the Websites for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, running the Websites and the Services and contacting users. The Websites and the Services may also make available to other Registered Users information provided by you during registration, such as your screen name. We may use your information to communicate back to you, to update you on products, services and benefits, to personalize the Websites for you, to contact you for market research or to provide you with marketing information, newsletters, or other information we think would be of particular interest. In addition, if you make a purchase on any of the Websites, we may send you order and shipping confirmation emails. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such materials.You can remove your e-mail address from our e-mail list at any time by following the procedures set forth in the Section 9 below (“Opt Out Procedures”) or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in every e-mail from Emerging Women. In addition, you can modify your information or change your preferences, as set forth in Section 10 below (“Reviewing or Changing Your Information”). Information obtained through the Websites and/or the Services may be intermingled with and used in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than our Websites, including both offline and online sources.
- Discussions and Community Tools. The Websites and the Services may make chat rooms, forums, bulletin boards, news groups and other community tools available to Registered Users and/or Visitors. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information for other users to view and for Emerging Women to use. Please do not disclose any personally identifiable information, including without limitation your full name or e-mail address, in these publicly accessible areas of the Websites or the Services. Please be considerate and respectful of others while using any chat rooms, forums or message boards to share your opinion.
- Non-Personal Data. In some cases, we may collect non-personal information. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system application software, and peripherals you are using and the domain name of the web site from which you linked to our Site. We use your information on an aggregated basis to do such things as operate our Websites, enhance our Websites and sell and deliver advertising.
- Opt Out Procedures. You have the option to opt out of receiving information from Emerging Women, the Websites and the Services. This opt out messaging will appear at the bottom of every promotional email that is sent out. If you no longer wish to take advantage of the Websites or the Services or receive any form of direct contact from Emerging Women, whether it is email, discounts, newsletters, or other promotional offers or materials, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reviewing or Changing Your Information. In order to ensure that the information we maintain is accurate, we give users the option to change or modify their information previously provided during registration. If you would like to change your information currently in our database please log in and click the “My Account” link on the various Websites or email us at email@example.com.
- Security. Providing a secure site is essential for your peace of mind and trust in Emerging Women. We have installed encryption software conforming to the Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocol to safeguard all of the commerce related (i.e. credit card and billing address) information you send to us. Club profile information is not encrypted or secured in any way. All information is stored on our servers in a secure location. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. If your password is compromised, notify Customer Service at once at hello@Emerging Women.com.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy. The Websites and the Services are not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, we take reasonable measures to determine that our users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Websites or the Services or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that personal information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Emerging Women, please contact us immediately at hello@Emerging Women.com so that we may appropriate steps to remove such information from our database.
- Privacy Precaution Warning. Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via our online services.
- Your Consent. By using the Websites and/or the Services, and by providing your personal information to us, you also authorize the storage, use and export of your personal information as specified herein.
Your Privacy Rights (California Residents)
Online Privacy Protection Policy for California Residents
(“Shine the Light” Law)
Effective as of January 1, 2005, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code Sections 1798.80, et seq.) provides California residents with the right to receive certain disclosures when personal information that has been collected online is shared with third parties for direct-marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident and you provided personal information to Emerging Women through a website in the past, and/or if you do so in the future, you are entitled to submit a request in writing to Emerging Women for a description of the information we may have provided to third parties. To submit your written request, please send it to hello@Emerging Women.com and put the following words in the subject line of the email: “California Privacy Request.”
Within 30 days after receipt of your request, we will send you a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of the third parties who actually received such information, if any.
We reserve our right not to respond to requests sent more than once in a calendar year.
Please note that the California “Shine the Light” law does not cover all aspects of on-line information sharing, and our policy relates only to information covered by the law.
COMMUNITY POSTING GUIDELINES
At Emerging Women, we believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to transform their lives. In the spirit of community, we strive to maintain tolerance, equality and respect. The Internet has opened up a world of opportunity that humanity has never seen before. However, the Internet also gives people the means to insult or harass others without taking full responsibility for their words. We insist that while you are on Emerging Women, you respect the people you encounter, as well as their opinions. You are free to disagree, state your own opinion and provide critical feedback, but please keep it respectful. Please respect other members’ beliefs, and consider your impact on others when making your contribution. If you cannot conduct yourself in a respectful manner, we reserve the right to remove comments. In extreme cases, we reserve the right to disable the ability to comment.
We understand that many of our topics are controversial, and we fully support debate. However, we won’t allow misrepresentation of our brand, show hosts, show guests or any Emerging Women-affiliated talent to be published on our site. We reserve the right to determine what is a constructive argument and what is a smear tactic.
Our comment sections are dedicated to discussion about the content. If you are experiencing a technical issue accessing content, please contact customer service directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Technical problems posted in the comment section will be deleted once the problem is addressed. If a hyperlink to an external site is posted, we reserve the right to remove the hyperlink, or remove the comment entirely.
ANTI SPAM POLICY
At Emerging Women we are 100% against spam and unsolicited emails and maintain CANSPAM compliance. We do not sell or provide email addresses to any unauthorized third party and do not authorize any third party or affiliate to misuse products or services created by or associated with Emerging Women in spam or bulk emails. If you feel you have received any unwanted emails from us, please contact us immediately and we will look into the matter. Emerging Women prohibits the use of their website and/or services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail (“Spam”). You may not use any Emerging Women services to send Spam. You also may not deliver Spam or cause Spam to be delivered to any customers of Emerging Women. In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (15 U.S.C. 7701, et seq., Public Law No. 108-187, was S.877 of the 108th United States Congress), e-mail sent, or caused to be sent, to or through the Emerging Women website or service or on behalf of Emerging Women may not:
- use or contain false, misleading, invalid or forged headers
- use deceptive or misleading subject lines
- use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
- employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path;
- use other means of deceptive addressing;
- use a third partyís internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third partyís equipment, without permission of the third party;
- contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content;
- fail to comply with additional technical standards described below;
Emerging Women does not authorize the harvesting, mining or collection of e-mail addresses or other information from or through the website or its services. Emerging Women does not permit or authorize others to use the Emerging Women services to collect, compile or obtain any information about its customers or subscribers, including but not limited to subscriber e-mail addresses. Emerging Women does not permit or authorize any attempt to use its services in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any aspect of any of the services, or that could interfere with any other partyís use and enjoyment of any Emerging Women service.
If Emerging Women believes that unauthorized or improper use is being made of any service, it may, without notice, take such action as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, including blocking messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or IP address. Emerging Women may immediately terminate any account on any service which it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any e-mail that violates this policy.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send e-mail to, or through, the Emerging Women website and/or services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of Emerging Womenís rights.
Unauthorized use of any Emerging Women services in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
Violators of the CAN SPAM Act may be subject to decease and desist orders or penalties from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) of up to $11,000 per violation. Criminal prosecution is also possible in the case of egregious offenders, which can result in penalties such as fines, forfeiture of proceeds and equipment. The worst offenders can also be subject to prison time.