Wisdom to inspire, calm, motivate and guide you.
Hundreds of women gathered in San Francisco over the weekend for 4 days of inspiration, authentic connection, feminine leadership training and more. Our lineup of keynote speakers was as influential as ever, including Dr. Jane Goodall, Brené Brown, Elizabeth Gilbert, TEDTalk sensation Esther Perel, Kim Jordan of New Belgium Brewing and Dr. Tererai Trent.
We selected some of the most powerful insights from Emerging Women Live 2015 keynotes to share with you here. Feel free to comment, share, tweet and post your faves, too.
Be sure to catch these brilliant women on the live stream archive, which will be available for replay until Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015.
1. Dr. Jane Goodall (Founder, the Jane Goodall Institute and UN Messenger of Peace)
“The tribe is like an eagle and the eagle will only fly true and high when the wings are equal,” American Indian Proverb via Dr. Jane Goodall, speaking on gender equality.”
2. Brené Brown (Research Professor, University of Houston and Author of Rising Strong)
“There is nothing more threatening to the critics than a woman who is willing to fall because she knows how to rise.”
3. Elizabeth Gilbert (Bestselling author of Eat, Pray, Love and newly-released book, Big Magic)
“I don’t believe in fearlessness…there’s always an instance where fear saved us. Show some appreciation and respect for that. And then figure out how to work around it.”
4. Kim Jordan (Co-Founder and CEO of New Belgium Brewing)
“Leaders need to make choices that are consistent with what matters.”
5. Esther Perel (Psychotherapist and Consultant to Fortune 500 Companies)
“Desire needs a space to thrive. It needs separateness. Psychological distance. It needs mystery and an unknown.”
6. Dr. Tererai Trent (Founder/President Tererai Trent International)
“I define myself. I create my own destiny.”